Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WOW! Common Core....it really is here

Hi Fellow Teacher Bloggers,

It really is here!  Common Core has come in with a bang!  I'm feeling overwhelmed, but suprisingly I am not feeling like I can't do it.  I think this is going to work out well in the end.  I don't know about you all, but I feel like I'm back in school again.  The mountain of paperwork is tremendous, but the good part is that we actually get to practice what we've been reading about.  My kids (school kids) are responding really well.  We have a tight schedule and all of our subjects are interrelated.  I find that the biggest problem over the last couple of weeks is quite frankly, the paperwork.  So, if someone out there has a list of hints to tame the paper tiger that has taken over both desks, please seek me out and guide me through your system.  :-) 

Now, aside from the paper tiger, I love the room!  It's coming together quite nicely.  It is the Hollywood Theme from The Clutter-Free Classroom (www.CFClassroom.com).  My kids are really enjoying being the stars.  The red carpet was a hit and my reading groups (Studio Names) are excited to hear their group names being called.  I feel really good when I look around my room and know that I've created a warm, inviting place for my students to learn.  We have "Jay-Z" and "Beyonce" (with $1 store microphones) lead the class in learning their math facts.  We  have a couple of cozy areas to take their shoes off and enjoy reading a book.  We're observing plants grow (lima beans) and journaling and illustrating.  I have to say it again!  I LOVE THIS JOB!   Happy Teaching and welcome to the fray for those of you who are just starting back to school!


Kimberly
check out my blog: www.teacherspayteachers/Store/The-Teachers-Workspace

No comments:

Post a Comment