Sunday, July 8, 2012

Goals - Gotta Have 'Em

Have any of you been daydreaming about your class in the fall?....Ah, perfectly behaved little angels who learn on the first lesson, raise their hands and give insightful answers, walk straight in the hallways, never talk out of turn, and always complete their homework?  Me too....then reality sets in....What will my class be like in the fall?  How can I impart what I know to the kids?  How do I manage my workload?  One word --- GoalsI have pulled out my calendar and started to chart my goals for the next few weeks.  During pre-planning, I'll add more events to my desk calendar and personal planner.  I'm not as diligent about putting events on my phone's calendar.  There's something about physically writing it down that makes it real to me.  I know some of you are asking why I would write the information twice....well, the personal planner has all of my kids important dates, as well as, family commitments, doctors appointments, birthdays, friend gatherings, you know the list goes on and on...I've always been goal oriented, but this year I want to conquer those goals, not as to-do list, but as a continually, evolving set of reachable targets that stretch me as a teacher, mom, friend, wife and co-worker.  When I look back over the year, I want to rejoice in the accomplishments of meeting those goals and exceeding them.  After all, I am a TEACHER...  (insert laugh track)
On a serious note, I want to higlight some of the wonderful sites that I've discovered over the past few months.  Today, its Laura Candler.  I love going over to www.lauracandler.com .  She has a wonderful array of materials, suggestions, freebies, and insight.  I find something new each and every time I visit the site.  Her information is invaluable....Thank you Laura and everyone..... Happy Teaching!


                                                        Kimberly




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly, I have really enjoyed reading your blog. It is so cute! Love the owls!
    I have nominated you for an award! Head over to http://fungames4learning.blogspot.com to pick it up!
    Glad I found your blog!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa,

    I know I already sent you an email thanking you for the award. It was so nice, I had to say it twice....
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete