Thursday, July 12, 2012

Science, Gotta Have It!

Ok, I have been taking sooooooo many workshops this summer and I enjoyed them, but I've got to say that the workshop I'm taking now is AWESOME!  I was always intimidated teaching science.  I taught the subject, but wanted to do more hands on "lab" experiments, and I wasn't sure if I got the information across.  Well, I have to tell you, I don't think I'll have any problems getting that information across now!  The workshop is taught by awesome instructors at the University of West Georgia.  We've been completing experiments all week, but today.......today was definitely my favorite day!  Our instructor today was from Project WET(Water Education for Teachers).  I learned so much.  I thought I knew about water, boy was I wrong.  I can't wait to implement some of the ideas that we heard today, as well as, explore some of the projects.  If you haven't ever taken a WET workshop or heard of it, you must investigate.  Visit the Georgia site at http://GaProjectWET.org if you are in Georgia to find out about water unique to our state or www.projectwet.org for the parent site (I hope that is how it's said).  You can ask questions or request information at info@projectwet.org.  Do you think this workshop had a positive effect on me?  You're right! Our workshop ends tomorrow (awwww)....Can't wait to see what's in store!

                                 Thank You! Thank You!

I opened my email tonight and got a wonderful surprise!  Teresa from http://fungames4learning.blogspot.com nominated my  site for a
photobucketAward

I am very grateful for the award. Thank you so much.  Now the rules are to:


1. Copy and paste this award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
3. Reveal 5 other bloggers and let them know by commenting on their blog.
 
I really like the idea of promoting good blogs with less than 200 followers, so I'm going to do the same.  I've visited some awesome sites: 

I am happily awarding the Liebster Blog Award to:
 
 
 
 
 
Stop by these great sites.  They are really awesome! 
                           Kimberly
                                             


6 comments:

  1. Thank you Kimberly!! That just blesses my socks off! You sound like a wonderful teacher! Next year I won't be teaching as I will be staying home with my toddler, but I always loved teaching science. It's so fun to see them processing and thinking and I never had to say "Don't touch!" because that's what science is all about! I'm sure you'll do great this next year with all the new things your learning this summer! Have a great rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbara. I love your site, it is absolutely cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, thank you. I really did learn a lot about science integration in the classroom. And, if you haven't already, please check out Project WET...It's a wonderful site.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always at a loss when it comes to teaching science. It's great that you are able to learn some thing that you can bring back to the classroom!

    MrsMc
    Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!
    Please join me for my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, MrsMc. I was looking over some of my notes and I think I'll start blogging about some of the great activities we did. And, I'm joining you for your giveaway.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete